I am a Postdoctoral candidate at King’s College London working with Dr Albert Merono Penuela and Professor Elena Simperl at the Department of Informatics. The focus of my research is multimodal representations with knowledge graphs and language models.
- (01/02/2023) I have joined as a Postdoc candidate at the Informatics Department of King’s College London!
- (05/09) Attending the AKBC 2022 conference in London to present a poster on our CIKM 2022 paper titled Discovering Fine-Grained Semantics in Knowledge Graph Relations.
- (03/08) Paper on Discovering Fine-Grained Semantics in Knowledge Graph Relations accepted to the full paper track at CIKM 2022!
- (10-15/07) Attending the NAACL 2022 conference online and presenting our paper on Semantics-driven Refinement for Relational Data at the SUKI workshop.
- (04/07) Journal paper on Generation of Training Data for Named Entity Recognition of Artworks accepted for the Semantic Web Journal (preprint).
- (17/06) Attending the 1st Annual Symposium of the Knowledge Graphs Interest Group at the Alan Turing Institute in London.
- Attending the Research School in Artificial Intelligence (AIB 22) to be held in Bergen, Norway from 7-11 June 2022. Also co-authored the tutorial on Neuro-Symbolic Methods for Fact Prediction with Fabian Suchanek, Armand Boschin and Gurami Kerechashvili.
- Attending the Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2022) in Crete, Greece from May 29 to June 2; presenting our full paper at Text2KG workshop and our poster related to relation canonicalization (Update: Our poster was nominated for the best poster award!).
- Serving as PC member for the International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Digital Humanities (AI4DH2021), organized in conjunction with ICIAP 2022 and the workshop on Structured and Unstructured Knowledge Integration (SUKI) in conjunction with NAACL 2022.
- (04/04) Poster on our research project with Maria Lomaeva on Relation Canonicalization in Open Knowledge Graphs: A Quantitative Analysis accepted at ESWC 2022!
- (29/03) Paper on the automated construction of domain-specific knowledge graphs accepted at the Text2KG workshop, co-located with ESWC 2022 conference.
- (04-08/10) Attending AKBC 2021 and giving a talk on Knowledge Graph Representation with Embeddings at the USKB workshop. [Poster]
- Extended abstract titled Do Embeddings Actually Capture Knowledge Graph Semantics” has been accepted for presentation at KR 2021 at the Recent Published Research Track. [Abstract]
- Research paper titled Improving Knowledge Graph Embeddings with Ontological Reasoning has been accepted for presentation at the International Semantic Web Conference 2021 (ISWC 2021). [Paper]
Recent Publications and Talks
- Nitisha Jain, Ralf Krestel: Discovering Fine-Grained Semantics in Knowledge Graph Relations. Poster presentation at the 4th Conference on Automated Knowledge Base Construction (AKBC 2022) 2022. [Poster]
- Nitisha Jain, Ralf Krestel: Discovering Fine-Grained Semantics in Knowledge Graph Relations. Proceedings of the Thirty-First ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2022.
- Nitisha Jain, Alejandro Sierra, Jan Ehmueller, Ralf Krestel: Generation of Training Data for Named Entity Recognition of Artworks. Semantic Web Journal (SWJ) Volume 14, Number 2, 2023 - Special Issue on Cultural Heritage and Semantic Web. [PrePrint]
- Maria Lomaeva, Nitisha Jain: Relation Canonicalization in Open Knowledge Graphs - A Quantitative Analysis. Proceedings of the Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2022 (Best Poster Nomination). [Poster]
- Nitisha Jain, Alejandro Sierra-Múnera, Maria Lomaeva, Julius Streit, Simon Thormeyer, Philipp Schmidt and Ralf Krestel: Generating Domain-Specific Knowledge Graphs - Challenges with Open Information Extraction. Proceedings of International Workshop on Knowledge Graph Generation from Text (Text2KG), co-located with the Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2022). [Paper]
- Nitisha Jain, Jan-Christoph Kalo, Wolf-Tilo Balke, Ralf Krestel: Do Embeddings Actually Capture Knowledge Graph Semantics?. Paper presentation at the Proceedings of the International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR), 2021 . [Extended Abstract] [Poster]
- Nitisha Jain, Trung-Kien Tran, Mohamed H. Gad-Elrab, Daria Stepanova: Improving Knowledge Graph Embeddings with Ontological Reasoning. Proceedings of the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), 2021 . [Paper] [Talk]
- Nitisha Jain, Jan-Christoph Kalo, Wolf-Tilo Balke, Ralf Krestel: Do Embeddings Actually Capture Knowledge Graph Semantics?. Proceedings of the Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2021. [Paper]
- Reviewed papers for Semantic Web Journal(2022), WebConference(2022), ESWC(2022), CIKM(2022), LWDA(2022), EMNLP(2021), LWDA(2020), AAAI(2019).
- PC member for AI4DH 2021 (held in conjunction with ICIAP 2021), SUKI 2022 (in conjunction with NAACL 2022).